CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE AS OF May 4, 2020
A Message from our Interim CEO
John Russell The well-being of our hotel owners, guests and employees continues to be RLH Corporation’s highest priority – and this time is no different. We may not be able to predict the future, but we can predict the resilience of the hospitality industry. While COVID-19 runs its course, we have made some difficult business decisions to ensure the future success of our company. The path forward is not easy, but together, we will weather this storm and we will be here to support you in any way we can. Please click below to view a video message from our Interim CEO, John Russell.
RLH Corporation is monitoring the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19), including updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and we continue to follow the advice of public health entities and medical professionals. Please see below for details regarding the steps we are taking to continue to ensure the safety and well-being of our franchisees and guests.
Temporary Hotel Closures & Changes to Amenities and Services
Our hotels are independently owned and operated, and some have made the difficult business decision or have been mandated by their local jurisdictions to temporarily close. For a list of temporary hotel closures, please click here.
Please note that open hotels may be changing services and amenities to comply with local government requirements and support public health best practices to flatten the spread of the COVID-19. Food and beverage service, access to pool and other recreational amenities, and daily housekeeping may be among the services impacted. Please contact the specific hotel if you have questions prior to arrival.
To the extent you have upcoming travel plans, our everyday flexible cancellation options include the ability to cancel without charge up to 24 hours prior to the check-in time on your arrival date. Our hotels are independently owned and operated, so please check the details of your cancellation options when booking a room as they may differ from standard options.
Hello Bucks Extension
Any Hello Rewards Members who have Hello Bucks that are set to expire between March 13, 2020 and June 30, 2020 may request reinstatement of those Hello Bucks so that they may be redeemed towards a future stay. To request reinstatement, please contact our customer support center at 1-800-REDLION.
Health & Hygiene
Currently, the hospitality industry is changing and adapting to a new normal. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, RLH Corporation has asked its 1,000+ independently owned and operated hotels to be even more vigilant in their cleaning and sanitation practices and to adhere to the recommendations of public health officials and local jurisdictions.
We have provided recommendations and resources to our franchisees and licensees and urged them to adopt these measures in an effort to ensure positive guest experiences at their hotels. Our recommendations are based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, leading hospitality trade associations (such as the American Hotel & Lodging Association and the Asian American Hotel Owners Association), and highly-respected commercial cleaning and sanitation companies with which we work closely (such as Ecolab, Proctor & Gamble and Diversey).
Hotels following our guidelines should be deploying a number of cleanliness measures including:
- Physical distancing including the use of physical distancing markers, protocols for space between hotel staff and hotel guests, plexiglass shields at front desk, and credit card terminals to limit physical contact, where possible.
- Increased public space sanitation including making hand sanitizer available to guests throughout public spaces and hourly disinfection of public areas and the surfaces within them.
- Increased guestroom sanitation including removing all reusable collateral and reading material from rooms, removing extra pillows and blankets stored in closets, and focusing housekeeping attention on disinfecting every surface within a guestroom such as desks, counters, phones, TV remotes, thermostats, cabinets, doors, restroom hardware, windows, lighting controls and closet hangers.
- Food and beverage service modifications such as serving condiments in single-use containers, suspending self-serve food options, and prohibiting the re-use of cups at self-serve beverage stations.
- Technological advancements such as mobile check-in and digital keys, where available.