About Red Lion Hotels Corporation
Discover Great Hotels
Discover Red Lion Hotels Corporation, dedicated to introducing travelers to fresh local experiences when they seek more than the main attractions. With warm, welcoming service, spacious, yet affordable accommodations, complimentary Wi-Fi, and professional meeting space in easily accessible destinations, our family of brands serve as the perfect home base for exploration and relaxation in equal balance.
Quick Facts On Our History
- We began in 1937 under the name Goodale & Barbieri Companies (G&B)
- Until 1976, G&B focused on third-party commercial and residential property management services
- In 1976, G&B purchased the River Inn in Spokane
- The proprietary Cavanaughs brand name was established in 1980
- In 1987, the Company founded G&B Select A Seat, a computerized event ticketing company, which now operates under the name TicketsWest
- The Company completed its Initial Public Offering on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: WEH) in 1998
- At the end of 1999, the Company completed its acquisition of WestCoast Hotels, Inc. and subsequently re-branded its Cavanaughs Hotels to the WestCoast name, as well as changed its name to WestCoast Hospitality Corporation
- At the end of 2001, WHC completed its acquisition of Red Lion Hotels and Inns and subsequently in February of 2003 re-branded the majority of the hotels to Red Lion
- In September of 2005, to reflect the revitalization of the Red Lion brand, WestCoast Hospitality Corporation changed its name to Red Lion Hotels Corporation (NYSE: RLH)
- In April of 2006, G&B Real Estate Companies was spun off from Red Lion Hotels Corporation
- In October 2014, RLHC announced a new upscale conversion brand, Hotel RL
- In April 2015, RLHC purchased GuestHouse International and Settle Inn Brands.
But to really understand what we're all about, you'll have to see it for yourself. Contact the RLHC corporate office today to learn more.