Welcome to Red Lion Hotel Albany
Near the Albany International Airport
Red Lion Hotel Albany is perfect for your upcoming business or leisure travels. Experience the casual atmosphere in the Grille Restaurant off the main lobby or unwind with your favorite cocktail in 205 Wolf Lounge.
Whether you're lounging beside our indoor/outdoor pool, exercising in our onsite fitness center or working in our 24-hour business center, let the Red Lion Hotel Albany make your next stay the perfect one.
With 22,000 sq. ft. of versatile meeting space, catering services, and the complimentary high-speed Internet as well as being positioned in the heart of Tech Valley near General Electric, hospitals, and acclaimed universities, the Red Lion Hotel Albany is perfect for your upcoming travels.
Top Features at Our Hotel in Albany
- Free Airport Shuttle
- Onsite Restaurant and Lounge
- Outdoor Pool (Seasonal May thru September) (9am - 9pm)
- Indoor Pool (9am - 9pm)
- Relaxing Hot Tub (9am - 9pm)
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Pets Welcome (fee applies)
- 100% non-smoking hotel
- Check-in 4pm; Check-out 12pm
Get Local at Nearby Attractions
- New York State Museum
- Downtown Albany
- Saratoga Race Course
- Colonie Center
- Proctors Theater
- Times Union Center
RED LION HOTEL ALBANY
Address: 205 Wolf Road Albany, NY 12205
Tel: (518) 458-7250
Fax: (518) 458-7377
Explore Features and Services
Connect to free Wi-Fi during your stay
At Red Lion Hotel Albany, you can enjoy a convenient stay with services like complimentary parking, free high-speed, wireless Internet and a 24-hour business center. Our free shuttle service takes you to destinations within two miles of the hotel, including Albany International Airport (ALB). We also offer amenities that help you unwind and recharge, like our indoor and outdoor pools and our hot tub.
Enjoy these features and services:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining at The Grille restaurant
- Onsite Lounge 205 on Wolf Lounge
- 22,000 square feet of meeting space
- 13 meeting rooms
- State of the art fitness center
- Indoor pool, open Sun-Thu, 9 am to 9 pm, Fri.-Sat., 9 am to 10 pm
- Seasonal outdoor pool, open Memorial Day to Labor Day, 9 am to dusk
- Relaxing hot tub
- Exciting game room
- 24-hour business center
- Convenient Free self-parking
- Free shuttle within a two-mile radius and to the ALB airport, available 4 am to midnight
- Pet-friendly (non-refundable $35/day pet deposit; based upon availability)
Enjoy food, sports, and drinks
Visit Our Onsite Dining Spots
After your flight into the Albany airport, refuel with a meal at the Red Lion. Whether you're looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just drinks and snacks, you can find it at either The Grille or 205 on Wolf Lounge. Prefer to dine in your hotel guestroom? Just call room service with your order, room service hours are daily from 6:30 am-10 pm.
If you would like to step out and dine we have an array of dining options near the hotel, just hang a left on Wolf Road from our hotel to find the below restaurants or ask us for directions.
Local Hidden Gems:
- Maxie's - Local restaurant & lounge with live entertainment
- D'Raymonds - Local independent Italian Restaurant
- Ralph's Tavern - Local Popular Tavern
- Samurai Japanese Restaurant - Unique Service and Location
- P.F. Chang's - Sleek chain with twists on Chinese Fare
- The Cheesecake Factory - Family-friend chain with Cheesecake for dessert
- Olive Garden Italian Restaurant - Family-friendly Italian restaurant chain
- Outback Steakhouse - Lively Australian steakhouse themed chain
- 99 Restaurants - Family-friendly pub chain
- Texas Roadhouse - Popular Texas-themed steakhouse chain
- Chipotle Mexican Grill - Chain for build-your-own Mexican fare
- Buca di Peppo Italian Restaurant - Chain serving family-style Italian fare
- IHOP - Diner chain known for its breakfast
- Hooters - Chain grill known for wings & waitresses
- Maxie's - Local restaurant & lounge with live entertainment
- Wolf's III - Local sports bar
- Dave and Buster's - Game room, food, family attraction
- Lucky Strike - Bowling, game room, billiards, food and beverages
- Funny Bone - Comedy Club
An Albany, NY Local Bar and Lounge
Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of 205 on Wolf Lounge. We offer a fine selection of beers on tap, as well as a wide selection and varietal wines. Watch your favorite games on our flat screen TVs located around the lounge. Serving dinner daily or just a quick appetizer. Sit back and relax on our outdoor patio during the warmer months overlooking the outdoor pool.
- Sunday thru Thursday:
- Friday thru Saturday:
An Albany, New York Restaurant
We offer a casual American and continental cuisine in The Grille Restaurant, located off the main lobby, serving a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. A Breakfast Buffet is offered every Saturday and Sunday morning from 6:30 am - 12:00 noon. A large variety of hot and cold breakfast and brunch items to include made to order omelet station.
- Monday thru Saturday:
- Breakfast: 6:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Dinner 5: 00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Breakfast: 6:30 am - 12:00 pm
Spacious Albany, NY Venues
Host Your Next Event or Meeting With Us
If you're planning an event in Albany, NY, you can trust Red Lion Albany to handle it. We have more than 50 years of experience with event planning and catering, and we're eager to continue that tradition for your special occasion. With a 22,000 square-foot venue that can hold up to 800 guests, we can help you host a grand wedding reception, conference, tech seminar or social event. Thanks to our group rates for room blocks, your out-of-town guests can enjoy a more affordable stay.
Meeting amenities and services include:
- 22,000 square feet of function meeting space
- 50-plus years of catering and event experience
- Comprehensive liquor and wine list
- Customized menus to fit your budget, including children's fare
- Full banquet and catering services
- Linen, china, glass and silver provided with all catered events
- Customized menus for any meeting or social occasion
- On-site audiovisual equipment
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
Audiovisual Services Include:
- Technical Support
- Video & Teleconferencing
- Digital & Overhead projector w/Screen
- Message Board & Microphone Stationary
- Flip chart and markers
- LCD projector with screen
- Lectern & Platform
- Microphone Portable
- Stage lights & Sound Equipment
- Whiteboard & Easels
Let Us Plan Your Next Event Or Book A Block Of Rooms
For room blocks or to plan an event please click here
Attractions and Activities
The Red Lion Hotel Albany is just 5 minutes from Albany International Airport and within driving distance of nearby shopping centers, Albany restaurants, golf courses, and the Saratoga Race Track, making this Albany hotel perfect for a relaxing New York weekend getaway. With downtown Albany only 12 miles, travel to the Capital City to see events at the Times Union Center, Palace Theatre, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, and more! Located in the heart of Tech Valley near General Electric, hospitals, and acclaimed universities, the Red Lion Hotel Albany is perfect for your upcoming business or leisure travels.
Entertainment and Activities in Albany
Museums And Entertainment
- Proctors Theatre (8 miles from the hotel)
From Broadway and comedy shows to film festivals and concerts, this historic theater offers exceptional entertainment for all ages.
Phone: +1 (518) 346-6204
- New York State Museum (10 miles from the hotel)
Known for its groundbreaking archaeological research, this fascinating museum tells the story of New York’s past through art, science, and history.
Phone: +1 (518) 474-5877
- Palace Theatre (11 miles from the hotel)
While the theater is local, the entertainment is world-class. Visit this historic venue in downtown Albany to see ballets, concerts, and comedians.
Phone: +1 (518) 465-4663
- Times Union Center (12 miles)
Featuring top performers like Alan Jackson, Jeff Dunham and Jim Gaffigan, this event center also hosts basketball games, ice shows, and monster truck rallies.
Phone: +1 (518) 487-2000
Must See Destinations in Albany
Thrilling Destinations Near Albany
- Saratoga Race Course (30 miles from the hotel)
Spend a day at Saratoga Race Course cheering on your favorite horse or touring the more than 150-year-old facilities.
Phone: +1 (718) 641-4700
- The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom (50 miles from the hotel)
Escape to this Six Flags theme park for thrilling coasters and water rides, shops, dining and live entertainment that the whole family will love.
Phone: +1 (518) 792-3500
- Howe Caverns (50 miles from the hotel)
Descend 156 feet into the corridors of Howe Caverns, where you’ll find imposing stalactites and an underground lake. Take your adventure a step further with zip lining, ropes courses or rock-wall climbing.
Phone: +1 (518) 296-8900
- Lake George Steamboat Company (51 miles from the hotel)
Get your tickets for a dinner cruise, moonlight cruise or eco cruise aboard one of the restored steamboats on Lake George.
Phone: +1 (518) 668-5777
- Adirondack Mountains(114 miles from the hotel)
Experience the Adirondacks in Northern New York. There are many areas of the Adirondacks to choose from to explore; Tug Hill, Lake Placid, Lake Champlain and Malone Region to name a few.