Explore La Junta's Outdoor Activities
Adventure Under 300 Days of Sunshine
Dating back to the 1870s, Colorado has been known to boast 300 days of sunshine. While the climate has changed over the last 150 years, Southeast Colorado still enjoys the majority of the year with the sun and clear skies brightening the way. Fortunately, there’s no shortage of fun things to do in the area surrounding Red Lion Hotel La Junta.
Popular Outdoor Activities
- Hiking & Biking at Comanche National Grassland
- Exploring Ancient Archeology in the Picketwire Canyonlands
- Horseback Riding & Barbecuing in Vogel Canyon
- Sight-Seeing Along the Santa Fe Trail
- Birdwatching & Fishing at John Martin Reservoir State Park
- Taking a Guided Tour of Bent’s Old Fort
Check out the rest of our area guide and discover why Colorado is the epicenter for outdoor adventure.